Do I Qualify?
Each HOURCAR member must meet these qualifications.
All members must:
- Have no major traffic violations in the past three (3) years and no DWI/DUI violations in the last seven (7) years. Major violations include (but are not limited to) excessive speeding, driving to endanger, leaving the scene of an accident, driving with a suspended/revoked license, or a school bus violation.
- Sign HOURCAR’s member agreement.
- Complete HOURCAR’s online new member orientation or attend an orientation in person.
If you are over age twenty-one (21):
- If you have more than three (3) years of driving experience, you may have no more than one (1) minor incident (moving violation or at-fault accident) in the past eighteen (18) months, and no more than two (2) incidents within the past three (3) years.
- If you have fewer than three (3) years of driving experience, you must have a clean driving record and at least one (1) year of driving experience.
If you are under age twenty-one (21), you must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Have at least one (1) year of driving experience.
HOURCAR reserves the right to deny membership at its discretion. In addition, the HOURCAR Member Agreement obliges members to notify HOURCAR staff immediately should they become non-compliant with any of these qualifications.