Do I Qualify?
All members must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have had no major traffic violations* in the past three years and no DWI/DUI violations in the last 7 years.
- Have 1+ years of driving experience.
If you are:
- Over 21 and have 3+ years of driving experience: you must have no more than one (1) minor traffic violation in the past 18 months AND no more than two (2) minor traffic violations and no major* traffic violations within the past 3 years.
- Under 21 and/or have less than 3 years of driving experience: you must have no traffic violations.
Out-of-State and International Licenses
HOURCAR accepts members from all over the world. Depending where your license was issued, we may need you to provide additional documentation of your driving experience and history. See if is this applies to you.
*Major violations include (but are not limited to) excessive speeding (15+ mph over the speed limit), driving to endanger, leaving the scene of an accident, driving with a suspended/revoked license, or a school bus violation.
HOURCAR reserves the right to deny membership at its discretion. In addition, the HOURCAR Member Agreement obliges members to notify HOURCAR staff immediately should they become non-compliant with any of these qualifications.