Policy and Rules
Driving with HOURCAR is easy, especially if you follow a few simple policies. HOURCAR members are fantastic people who care about their fleet and each other, and the HOURCAR staff is at your service to keep your cars safe, clean, and running fine. You can find out more in our FAQs.
- Return your HOURCAR by the end of your reservation.
- Notify HOURCAR of any vehicle performance problems or damage.
- Cancel or change reservations as soon as possible.
- Fill the tank if it’s less than 1/4 full (HOURCAR pays—you pump).
- Always lock your HOURCAR when parked.
- Drive gently. Treat every HOURCAR as if you own it—or better!
- Don’t smoke in an HOURCAR.
- Don’t transport a pet in an HOURCAR, unless it is in a carrier. Put the carrier on the cargo blanket in the back and shake out the blanket when you are done. Some members are allergic to pet hair. Keep the car clean for the next member.
For detailed information about HOURCAR’s fees and credits, please consult this document.