HOURCAR’s Major Expansion Begins with Eight New Minneapolis Hubs
HOURCAR announces the addition of eight new hubs to its network of locations throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul. The HOURCAR fleet now numbers 47 vehicles.
The HOURCAR hubs opening this week are the first round of an expansion funded by a grant from the McKnight Foundation announced earlier this year. With the support of the McKnight Foundation and the Central Corridor Funders Collaborative, HOURCAR’s fleet will grow to 70 by early 2014.
“This is the beginning of a landmark growth spurt for car sharing in the Twin Cities,” reported HOURCAR spokesperson Christopher Bineham. “The Marcy-Holmes, Dinkytown, Sheridan, Lyndale and Ventura Village neighborhoods will get their very first HOURCAR hubs and we’ll enhance service in places like downtown, the Wedge and Uptown where demand is strong. All of these new hubs are really convenient for existing and future members.”
In addition to adding cars, HOURCAR is expanding fleet choices for its customers. Members will now be able to choose from a Mazda 5 minivan or a Honda Civic sedan, two models new to the fleet which comprises a range of sedans, hatchbacks and pick-up trucks.
The HOURCAR expansion is rolling out rapidly and the next group of new hubs will be announced in July.
Bineham expressed his appreciation for HOURCAR’s Hub Host partners, the businesses and organizations that provide parking for HOURCAR vehicles. The new hubs and their supporting Hub Hosts are as follows:
• Franklin & Hennepin Avenues: This hub is located in the Belmont Apartment building parking lot (1000 West Franklin Avenue). Hub Host: the Hornig Companies.
• Franklin & Portland Avenues: This hub is located in the Pine Cliff Apartment building parking lot (501 East 19th Street). Hub Host: Aeon.
• Lyndale Avenue & 31st Street: This hub is located in the HUGE Theater parking lot (3037 Lyndale Avenue S). Hub Host: HUGE Theater.
• 8th Street & 4th Avenue: This hub is located in the surface parking lot at 333 South 7th Street in downtown. Hub Host: CBRE.
• 2nd Street NE & 13th Avenue NE: This hub is located in the surface parking lot at 157 13th Avenue NE. Hub Host: Lander Group.
• 13th Avenue SE & 7th Street SE: This hub is located in the University Lutheran Church of Hope parking lot (601 13th Avenue SE). Hub Host: University Lutheran Church.
• 6th Avenue SE & 4th Street SE: This hub is located in the parking lot for 326 6th Avenue SE Apartments. Hub Host: Steven-Scott.
• Pillsbury Avenue S & 33rd Street W: This hub is located in the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church parking lot (128 West 33rd Street).