HOURCAR Announces On-Street Car Sharing Locations
HOURCAR is pleased to announce the expansion of our fleet to include five vehicles in on-street locations in Minneapolis. This expansion brings the total number of vehicles in HOURCAR’s fleet to 65 cars throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
The new on-street locations are:
• Southeast corner of Second Street North & Third Avenue N in the North Loop
• Northwest corner of Lyndale Avenue & 26th Street
• Northwest corner of Second Avenue South & 19th Street East, next to Stevens Square Park
• Northeast corner of Elliot Avenue & 14th Street, next to Elliot Park
• Southwest of the intersection of Willow Street & 14th Street, next to Loring Park
HOURCAR is a participant in the City of Minneapolis’ Car Sharing Pilot Program, which allows on-street parking spots to be used for car sharing vehicles for the first time. Placing HOURCAR hubs in on-street parking spots increases the visibility and convenience of car sharing for Minneapolis residents.
“Extensive research demonstrates that HOURCAR’s model reduces the need for car ownership, saving every HOURCAR member thousands of dollars per year. It also helps people drive less and reduces greenhouse gas emissions,” says Chris Duffrin, Executive Director of the Neighborhood Energy Connection, HOURCAR’s parent organization. “We are excited to work with the City of Minneapolis to make it even easier for residents to use HOURCAR.”
HOURCAR is a program of the nonprofit Neighborhood Energy Connection. Its fleet comprises a range of fuel-efficient hatchbacks, sedans, utility vehicles and pick-up trucks. HOURCAR provides service in many neighborhoods throughout Minneapolis and is the car sharing provider for the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus.